Protecting customers' privacy is always the top priority of Regal Hotels International. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we collect, how we use that information, who we share it with, and how we protect that data. The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is strictly observed by us. All personal data we collect and process is handled in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) (2016/679).
Who we are
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Regal Hotels International, 11/F, 68 Yee Wo Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
In this Privacy Notice, "we", "our", "us", "ours"
means Regal Hotels International, and "you", "your", "yours" means you the individual.
Information we collect about you
Although the precise details of the personal information collected will vary according to the specific purpose for which we are collecting the information, we may typically collect the following types of personal data from you:
How we use your personal information
- your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, country of residence, passport or other identity documents, and credit card information;
- contact information including telephone number, mailing address, email address, fax number;
- if you are travelling for business, information including company name, business title and relevant contact information;
- Preference information related to your stay with us, including languages preference, hotel room, meal and travel preferences and related information;
- if you are a loyalty programme member, information including flight information, membership number and account name of frequent flyer programmes;
- transaction information including but not limited to stay and redemption records; and
- information from responses to customer services surveys completed by our customers and guests.
We may use your personal information to:
How do we use personal information for this purpose?
- Provide you with information about hotel products and services (provided you have consented to this).
- Create and manage your booking at one of our hotels.
- Provide you with membership to our Regal Hotels International loyalty programme(s) and maintain the accounts of these programme(s).
- Contact you to notify you of any prize won by you in our competitions.
- Deal with your enquiries and requests.
- Contact you with news and promotional material about Regal Hotels and select partners from time to time.
- Combine information we receive and collect (e.g. from your requests, preferences and booking history) to understand your interests and preferences and provide you with a more personalised experience.
- Measure the success of our ad campaigns.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
- Process your personal information where this is necessary to keep our website safe and secure.
- Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you.
- Where you have consented to this, we may publish customers' reviews and feedback in the testimonial section of our website, which were received via email, social media platforms or the Regal Hotels guest comment card.
What is the legal basis for us processing your information in this way?
- We will need to use your personal information (such as your email address or other contact details) to send you information about Regal Hotels International products and services that you may be interested in [and/or to offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys].
- We will need to use your personal information (such as your name, email address and credit card details) to set up and manage your booking (for example by sending you reminders about upcoming hotel stays or processing payment for your booking).
- We will need to use your personal information (such as your name, email, travel information and preferences, nationality, etc) to process applications for loyalty programmes and administer membership accounts of those programmes.
- We will need to use your contact information (such as your email address or postal address) to inform you if you have won a prize after entering our competitions.
- We will need to use your personal information (such as your contact details) to respond to your enquiries and requests (for example, information regarding future room availability).
- We may use your personal information (such as email address and phone number) to contact you with news and promotional offers, provided this is in line with your marketing preferences.
- We may combine the information we receive and collect about you to better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences. For example, we may do this by showing you personalised offers online for hotel deals that you are most likely to be interested in).
- We may sometimes need to process personal information to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example tax or financial reporting requirements).
- We may need to process your personal information in order to keep your payments safe and secure and protect against fraudulent transactions.
- We may need to process your personal information in order to keep our website safe and secure and protect against illegal or fraudulent activity such as cyber attacks.
- We understand that you may prefer for us not to contact you with details of our products, service, or promotions. We keep records of your preferences to ensure that we do not contact you if you have asked us not to. We may need to process certain of your personal information (such as your name and email address) in order to do this.
- We will use your personal information when publishing your customer review, in accordance with your preferences (eg, via a pseudonym or fully-anonymised), which enables us to be honest and transparent with our customers regarding the nature and quality of our services.
- We will ask for your consent before processing your information in this way.
- We need to process your information in this way in order to perform our contractual obligations to you in relation to your booking.
- We will ask for your consent before processing your information in this way (you will be asked for your consent when you sign up to the loyalty programme).
- We will ask for your consent before processing your information in this way.
- We need to process your information in this way to help with any requests that you make prior to entering into a contract with us.
- It is in our legitimate interest to contact you with news and promotional material about Regal Hotels, provided this is in line with your marketing choices.
- There are certain types of promotional material that we will only send if you have specifically consented to this, for example if we send you promotional materials about products and services offered by third party organisations.
- For more information about how we use your information for marketing purposes and details of how to unsubscribe, see the section on Direct Marketing below.
- It is in our legitimate interest to look at your preferences that we derive from your browsing behaviour and purchases so that we can personalise our advertising for you, to better meet your needs as a customer.
- It is in our legitimate interest to look at your browsing behaviour and purchases to measure the success of our online ad campaigns so that we can provide you with more personalised offers in the future.
- It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information for the purposes of complying with legal requirements to which we are subject.
- It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information to keep our customers' payments secure.
- It is in our legitimate interests to monitor how our website is used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of our website, and to ensure that customers can safely use our website.
- It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information in order to maintain an up to date suppression list and ensure that we do not contact you where you have asked us not to.
We will never knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18) without first obtaining verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of 18 you should not provide information to us. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided personal information to us without verifiable parental consent, we will remove such personal information from our files.
Sharing your data with third parties
Only our authorised staff are permitted to access to our customers' personal data held in our database. We may share your personal information with other companies within the Regal Hotels International group of companies ("Group"). It may also be disclosed to a third party who acquires us, a member of our Group, or substantially all of our assets.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy statements and that we have no control over how they may use your personal information. You should check the privacy statements of third party websites before you submit any personal information to them.
We may share your personal information with the following third party organisations: OOCL Logistics (Hong Kong) Ltd and St. James’ Settlement
Transfer and processing of personal data outside the EEA (EEA residents only)
We may transfer your data to another Group entity or a third party established in countries outside the EEA including [Hong Kong, OOCL Logistics (Hong Kong) Ltd and St. James’ Settlement] for the purpose of [eg, regular operation, service enhancement, etc purposes].
Your rights (EEA residents only)
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, you have the right to:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you, which we will provide back to you in electronic form. For your own privacy and security, in our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you rectified. Note that you can always make certain adjustments to certain personal information directly through your online account.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as for direct marketing communications) or to perform a contract with you (such as to manage your booking).
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us. For more information on how to opt out from marketing messages, see the section entitled " Unsubscribing from our mailing lists or loyalty programme(s)" below.
You can make any of these requests in relation to your personal data by sending the request by mail to Group Marketing Department, Regal Hotels International, 11/F, 68 Yee Wo Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by email at email@example.com or Contact us at www.regalhotel.com
If you are based or the issue you would like to complain about took place elsewhere in the European Economic Area (EEA), please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in the countries within the EEA in which we operate.
Unsubscribing from our mailing lists or loyalty programme(s)
We provide opt-out channels below for our customers to unsubscribe from receiving our information and services at the point of first communication from us. We also provide the following opt-out mechanisms:
Please click here to update your preferences.
You can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email and/or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name and the hotel/loyalty programme from which you would like to opt-out. Please specify your membership number of the relevant loyalty programme, if any.
Retention of personal data
Regal Hotels International will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer have a legitimate business reason to retain your personal information, or when you request that we delete your personal information (except where we need to retain it in order to comply applicable statutory obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims), we will remove such information from our systems and records.
We may use your personal data including your name, contact information and other information collected to send you marketing communications including Regal Hotels International group-related news, information about our products and services (see below), promotions, offers, joint promotions with third parties and surveys, provided this is in line with your marketing choices. Depending on your marketing preferences, these communications may be sent via social media, email, direct mail, SMS or telephone. You can opt out from receiving these communications at any time (see section on "Unsubscribing from our mailing lists or loyalty programme(s)" above).
Please find below the products and services provided by Regal Hotels International:
How We Keep Your Information Secure
- Accommodation services
- Food and beverage services
- Catering services
- Loyalty programmes
- Non-air transportation services including hotel transfers, limousine and car rental service, etc.
- Spa and body care services
- Group-related news
- Other product services including but not limited to telephone service, computer and printing services, gift card, etc.
We have implemented technical and organisational security measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control. Such measures we have implemented include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to employees and authorized service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
While we endeavour to always protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
To provide you with increased security, certain personal information stored in your online account is only accessible via your username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your online account credentials, and we strongly recommend that you do not disclose your online account username or password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication. Please notify us immediately (see How to Contact Us
section below) of any unauthorised use of your online account credentials or any other suspected breach of security.
How to Contact Us
If there are any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the data collection practices outlined herein, please contact us as follows:
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, you are recommend to visit our website regularly for the latest privacy and policies updates.
Last updated May 2018.